Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a mildly spicy recipe, which can be made hotter with the addition of fresh chilies if you like. It pairs well with spanish rice and green beans or fresh corn off the cob. Make this meal in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mild fish fillets (cod, sole, etc.)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 12 pimento stuffed olives
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Cut fish into 4 serving pieces.
- Place onion and garlic in oil in skillet and saute for just a minute or two.
- Place fish on onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon tomatoes and chiles over fish; top with olives.
- Pour wine over fish.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, about 10 minutes,depending on the thickness of the filets.
This is delicious and an easy dish to serve to guests (our guest raved about it!) I did add a chopped, fresh green chile to jazz it up a bit, and served with steamed rice and corn on the cob. Great meal, thanks Geema!
YUM,YUM this is so good and very easy to make. I used perch and made it just like the recipe said. Will be making this again and again. Thank you Geema for such a easy,delicious recipe.
Just loved this recipe so simple. I actually put it in foil and made a package and cooked it in my new beaut portable turbo oven. This way was a no oil option, and no skillet to wash. I did add a fresh green chilli.