Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very tasty colourful dish that is good for you too! Looks fantastic on a big platter for guests.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 boneless fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 300 g corn kernels, canned or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- For the rice, heat oil in a large pan (with a lid) and cook the onion and garlic gently until onion is soft.
- Add peppers and spices and stir until spices are fragrant.
- Add rice and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salt and paprika over fish.
- Cook fish in a lightly oiled pan until browned and cooked through.
- Serve fish over rice and garnish with extra herbs.
This recipe has potential but after making it, I don't think the cumin belongs anywhere near it. I'll keep the coriander but I think next time I'll try it with thyme and a little cayenne. It's a keeper though.
We loved that recipe. I made it with salmon and everybody wants me to do it again. Thank you for sharing.