Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A long time ago I was flipping through one of my mother's cookbooks, which happened to be from weight watcher's. I found this dish and find it very easy to make and is healthy for you. I have used several types of fish and it always tastes good. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 lb lean fish fillet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 bell peppers, cut into julienne strips (red and or or green)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- If fish are large, cut into 4 servings.
- Heat oil in 10-inch non-stick skillet.
- Layer onion and bell peppers in skillet.
- Sprinkle with half of thyme and pepper.
- Place fish over bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining spice.
- cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until fish flakes easily with fork, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
What a simple, easy and wonderful tasting dish! I followed another reviewers idea and marinated the fish (I used cod) with Wasabi Teriyaki Sauce for about 15 minutes then followed the recipe the rest of the way. Yummo! I served it with Simple Cabbage and Mushroom Side#207084 and rice. DH definately wants this dinner again...it was tasty and easy why not. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup tag game 2010. P.S. This recipe is going in my "Best of 2010 Favorites". Thank you.
I had to alter this recipe and use only fish and peppers. I marinated the fish in a light sweet teriayki glaze first and then cooked it as the recipe directed. The timing was perfect and both the fish and peppers were delicious! Thank you - this is a keeper!
This was delicious! I used haddock and only about 1/8tsp of pepper because I'm not that fond of black pepper. It's so healthy, tasty and simple how can I not put it into my "keepers" file. Can't wait to try it with other types of fish. Thanks for posting such a great recipe.