Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From BH&G Australian Diabetic Living.
- 2 zucchini (halved lengthways, thickly sliced)
- 300 g baby potatoes (chats halved)
- 250 g butternut pumpkin (peeled deseeded and chopped)
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (500 g) fish fillets (firm white such trevalla or ling)
- 14.79 ml plain flour (or gluten free plain flour)
- 59.14 ml basil leaves (small fresh)
- 4.92 ml lemon zest (grated)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 120 g green beans (trimmed steamed to serve)
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar (to serve optional)
- Preheat oven to 210C (fan forced).
- Line a large roasting pan with baking paper and put the zucchini, potato and pumpkin in a large bowl and add 1 teaspoon of the oil and toss to coat and put the vegetable in a single layer in roasting pan and then roast turning once for 20 to 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile coat the fish fillets in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium non-stick frying pan on medium and add the fish and cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden brown and cooked through.
- Add basil and lemon zest to the cooked vegetables in the pan and season with pepper and toss to coat.
- Divide the fish, roast vegetables and steamed beans between plates and drizzle the vegetable with the vinegar, if you like, and serve.
We really enjoyed his recipe. I coated the fish with yellow corn flour instead of regular flour (I need to finish it). It turned out great.