Recipe by Geema
You can prepare almost any fish you like in any manner you like: grilled, broiled, steamed, baked, fried, and this sauce will dress it up perfectly.
Top Review by JLEAH
I made the sauce part of this recipe, not the fish, and served it with a cold poached salmon. I doubled the lemon juice and garlic, and omitted the parsley and capers. It was super-easy to make (food processor method), and I served it at a large dinner party where it got rave reviews from everyone, incluidng myself.
- 1⁄4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained well
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon clam juice
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 fish fillets
- 6 slices lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, puree the artichoke hearts with the capers, parsley, garlic, broth, egg holk and lemon juice, scraping down the sides.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin stream, blending teh sauce until it is smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the sauce around the cooked fish fillets and then garnish with the lemon slices and more parsley.