Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sounds good and easy from Food for Friends by Ruth Macpherson who got it from her friend Peggy. Like a short cut recipe in that it uses frozen packages of both chopped spinach and creamed spinach, thawed. There are both microwave (10 minutes cooking time) and baking (30 minutes cooking time) directions given.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flounder or 1 1⁄2 lbs other fish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place fish in the bottom of a 7 X 11 inch casserole dish.
- Pour wine over the fish.
- Cover fish with the onion slices, then tomato slices.
- Combine chopped spinach and creamed spinach and spoon over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for approximately 10 minutes or until fish is opaque in the middle, OR bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
So simple, but so nice!
We only had baby spinach, so I used that instead of the frozen, and it worked wonderfully.
Will be making this again.