Recipe by Girl from India
Very very Indian! And so simple too. Try them with extremely fresh fish only. Wonderful starters. From a cookbook compiled by the master chefs of India. I have the entire series. Not yet tried all the recipes. But the ones I have tried are truly a treat!!! And this is one of them. I have tired barbecueing these with equally good results.
- 1 kg fish fillet, cut into cubes
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 120 g yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 15 g garam masala
- 10 g cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 5 teaspoons red chili powder
- 10 g garlic paste
- oil or butter, for basting
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the washed fish pcs with the salt and lemon juice for 30 mins.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except the oil/ butter and whisk and pour over the fish cubes and mix gently to coat all the fish pcs evenly.
- Marinate again for atleast one hour.
- Preheat oven to 175C Roast, bake or grill till the fish pcs are golden brown in colour.
- (around 30 mins.) Baste it just once with the oil/ butter.
- Serve hot with a yoghurt and mint chutney.