Recipe by breezermom
This recipe is low carb, low cal, and healthy. Although tagine is in the title, you can use a regular skillet. From Gourmet, December 2007.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 24 ounces fish fillets, about 1-inch thick (halibut is a good choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cumin in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, capers, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pat fish dry and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then add to skillet. Cover and simmer until fish is just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.