A really delicious fish dish that makes the most incredible sauce in the world. Absolutely incredible served with couscous--just as recommended by the book, Moosewood Low-Fat Favorites. Light and so, so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs swordfish (halibut also works nicely)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, fresh, grated
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed (6-8 lemons)
- 1 chile, minced, seeds removed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (I like to use large heirlooms)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more, to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Rinse fish and set aside. Prepare a nonreactive dish with cooking spray.
- 3Arrange carrots and onions in dish and lay fish directly on top. Sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- 4Combine cilantro, garlic, ginger, cumin, lemon juice, chile and half of the chopped tomatoes into a food processor and puree to form a sauce that is smooth. Add salt to taste.
- 5Pour the sauce over the fish and veggies and top with the remaining tomatoes.
- 6Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 7Serve on top of couscous. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Tagine With Chermoula
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 466.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 36.0 g