Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
A really delicious fish dish that makes the most incredible sauce in the world. Absolutely incredible served with couscous--just as recommended by the book, Moosewood Low-Fat Favorites. Light and so, so good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish (halibut also works nicely)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, fresh, grated
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed (6-8 lemons)
- 1 chile, minced, seeds removed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (I like to use large heirlooms)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse fish and set aside. Prepare a nonreactive dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange carrots and onions in dish and lay fish directly on top. Sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- Combine cilantro, garlic, ginger, cumin, lemon juice, chile and half of the chopped tomatoes into a food processor and puree to form a sauce that is smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and veggies and top with the remaining tomatoes.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve on top of couscous. Enjoy!