Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Another Epicurious recipe that was extremely highly rated. Posting to try this week. It is so simple yet the reviews were amazing!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 (6 ounce) hake fillets (about 1-inch-thick) or 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets (about 1-inch-thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat cumin in oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, capers, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pat fish dry and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then add to skillet.
- Cover and simmer until fish is just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.