Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a combination of several recipes we have tried. Hope you like it too.
Make and share this Fish Tacos With Tropical Fruit Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly, hot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup watermelon, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tilapia fillet
- 1 salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon lemons or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 -3 flour tortillas, warmed
- shredded cabbage
- taco sauce
- Make fruit salsa first.
- In a large bowl, mix the jalapeno jelly, lime juice, and oil. Chop, dice, mince all fresh fruit, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and put into the same large bowl. Stir gently and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Next make sauce:
- Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and stir to blend. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Both fruit salsa and sauce can be made ahead.
- Place fish on large platter and drizzle with lemon or lime juice. Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Place flour tortillas in foil and warm in the oven at 350 deg. for 10 minute.
- Either on the stove top or BBQ, cook the fish until it flakes.
- Fill tortillas with chunks of fish, cabbage, toppings, sauce and top with fruit salsa.
- Enjoy and eat quickly.