Prep 6 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Fish Tacos With Tomatillo Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1⁄2 medium jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro stems
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Arrange garlic, tomatillos, and jalapeño in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Broil 3 minutes on each side or until blackened. Combine tomatillo mixture, cilantro stems, mayonnaise, sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a mini food processor or blender; blend until smooth.
- Combine cabbage, juice, and oil in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 2 minutes. Turn fish over; cook 1 minute.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Arrange half of a tilapia fillet in center of each tortilla; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage mixture, about 1 1/2 tablespoons tomatillo mixture, and about 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro leaves.