Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray; you can make the salsa ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
Make and share this Fish Tacos With Summer Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb halibut fillet (or other meaty white fish)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 (11 ounce) canwhole tomatillos, drained
- 4 small zucchini, peeled, seeded, and cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaf (and stems)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 225°; place fish in a bowl and drizzle with half of the lime juice; cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using your hands, squeeze the juice and flesh from the tomatillos, 1 at a time, into a medium bowl; discard the skins.
- Mash the tomatillos with a fork.
- Add in the zucchini and the remaining lime juice, the cilantro, and 2 teaspoons salt; toss to combine.
- Spread the tortillas on 2 baking sheets and warm in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cayenne pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Remove fish from lime juice; pat dry and cover with the spice rub.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook fish about 4 minutes on each side.
- Break the fish into bite-sized pieces and season to taste with salt.
- Arrange fish in the tortillas with some of the salsa and avocado slices; fold up and eat.