Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found on Pinterest
Make and share this Fish Tacos With Salsa and Pineapple Crema recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in heavy syrup, well drained and chopped (save the syrup)
- 2 roma or 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped maui sweet onion (or Vidalia)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar
the pineapple crema
- the syrup from a 20 oz. can pineapple chunk
- 16 ounces sour cream
for the fried fish
- canola oil, for frying***
- 3 lbs fresh fish fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 -12 soft corn (your choice, we like corn) or 8 -12 flour tortillas (your choice, we like corn)
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- coarse sea salt
- lemon and lime wedge
- Make the salsa in advance:.
- Combine everything in a large bowl. Mix well. Transfer to glass canning jars or another glass container with a lid. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- make the pineapple crema in advance:.
- Place the syrup and sour cream in a bowl, whisk until smooth. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all of the breading ingredients in a large, shallow bowl. Lightly coat the fish fillets and fry them in hot canola oil*** for a couple minutes (just until cooked through and golden.) Transfer to a plate and cover with foil while you get your other ingredients ready to go.
- ***You can try frying the fish in equal amounts of butter and olive oil for a completely wonderful experience…but watch that fish very closely so it doesn’t burn. Clarify the butter in advance to keep it from smoking.
- To serve: Warm the tortillas in the microwave, between paper towels, for 20 seconds (only do a few tortillas at a time.).
- Place the tortillas on a plate, pile on the lettuce, fried fish, avocado, salsa, crema, a sprinkle of coarse salt and a squeeze of lemon and/or lime. (In that order.) Serve immediately.