Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 12 ounces skinless fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 3 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix) or 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cabbage
- 8 taco shells, warmed according to package directions
- 1 recipe mango salsa
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Place fish in a single layer in a greased shallow baking pan. Combine olive oil, cumin, and garlic powder. Brush over fish. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together mayonnaise and lime juice. Add cabbage; toss to coat. Spoon some of the coleslaw mixture into each taco shell; add fish slices and top with Mango Salsa.
- Mango Salsa: In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup chopped, peeled mango or peach; 1/2 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and finely chopped; 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion; 1/2 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped; 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil; 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel; 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice; 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar; 1/4 teaspoon salt; and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Makes 1 cup.
Made as posted but divided this between 4 shells instead of 8-I guess dh and I have huge appetites! Coleslaw is excellent and the mango salsa is absolutely to die for! And so pretty. Dh and I both think the fish should be a bit spicier. Thank you for sharing 1PugMom2.
Delicious! Made this tonight with mahi mahi fillets. The ingredients were simple and didn't overpower the fish, just complemented it. Followed directions, only added to the meal with black beans and brown rice and then added some chopped tomatoes, sliced olives and guacamole to the tacos. Will definitely have this again!
This was easy and very very good. I used talapia fish excellent and best of all clean up was easy. The dressing for the cabbage was easy to prepare and perfect. Mango salsa very flavorful. An easy meal , easy clean up and other than cooking the fish everything can be prepared ahead of time. Our family was all smiles with this recipe and we will definitely have it again.