Recipe by Manami
Have been looking for different ideas for the menus here at the "home." I hope that we can do something with this recipe and at the same time I'll share it for now. CuisineAtHome, Issue 37
Top Review by lmolieri
I LOVE this recipe, and have made it many times. There are some obvious errors that need to be fixed, but other than that, it's great! Step #15 is a duplicate of #8 worded differently. And I have no idea what 56 inches of corn tortillas means, but it should say 8 corn tortillas.
- 1 ripe yet firm mango, peeled, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 firm yet ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
CREAMY CHIPOTLE SAUCE
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 4 (4 ounce) fresh tilapia fillets, halved, marinated in lime juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 56 inches corn tortillas
- 3 cups napa cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°F with racks on the top and bottom levels.
- Combine mango, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, seasonings, and lime juice in a large bowl for Salsa; let stand 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Before serving, stir in avocado and cilantro.
- Stir all ingredients for the creamy chipotle sauce together in a bowl and adjust seasonings to taste; let stand at least 10 minute to allow flavors to blend.
- Marinate tilapia fillets in lime juice for 10 minutes, turning to coat.
- Place a baking sheet on each oven rack and preheat 5 minutes.
- Blend flour, cornmeal, and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- Coat marinated fish on both sides with flour mixture.
- Remove a hot pan from oven and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place fillets on hot pan and roast on top rack 5 minutes.
- Spray both sides of tortillas with nonstick spray. (Meanwhile, carefully turn fish over and return to oven 3–4 minutes.)
- Oven-toast tortillas on the second heated baking sheet after turning the fillets over.
- Toast tortillas just until they’re lightly crisp around the edges, 2–3 minutes.
- Serve fish and tortillas with shredded cabbage, mango salsa, and chipotle sauce.
- Dredge both sides of marinated tilapia in flour-cornmeal mixture.