1/1 Photo of Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
Have been looking for different ideas for the menus here at the "home." I hope that we can do something with this recipe and at the same time I'll share it for now. CuisineAtHome, Issue 37
My Private Note
corn to ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ripe yet firm mango, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 firm yet ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
CREAMY CHIPOTLE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F with racks on the top and bottom levels.
- 2Combine mango, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, seasonings, and lime juice in a large bowl for Salsa; let stand 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- 3Before serving, stir in avocado and cilantro.
- 4Stir all ingredients for the creamy chipotle sauce together in a bowl and adjust seasonings to taste; let stand at least 10 minute to allow flavors to blend.
- 5Marinate tilapia fillets in lime juice for 10 minutes, turning to coat.
- 6Place a baking sheet on each oven rack and preheat 5 minutes.
- 7Blend flour, cornmeal, and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- 8Coat marinated fish on both sides with flour mixture.
- 9Remove a hot pan from oven and spray with nonstick spray.
- 10Place fillets on hot pan and roast on top rack 5 minutes.
- 11Spray both sides of tortillas with nonstick spray. (Meanwhile, carefully turn fish over and return to oven 3–4 minutes.)
- 12Oven-toast tortillas on the second heated baking sheet after turning the fillets over.
- 13Toast tortillas just until they’re lightly crisp around the edges, 2–3 minutes.
- 14Serve fish and tortillas with shredded cabbage, mango salsa, and chipotle sauce.
- 15Dredge both sides of marinated tilapia in flour-cornmeal mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.8 mg
- Sodium 671.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo