Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This one is a hit with the tastebuds and not the waistline. Compliments of: Cooking Lite
Make and share this Fish Tacos With Lime-Cilantro Crema recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets
- cooking spray
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl; sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.
I made these as written and loved them really enjoyed the crema and using fresh fish. Thanks
This was so good! Reminiscient of the fish tacos I use to get at the now defunct Carlos Murphys in San Diego. Thanks so much for sharing!!!