This is a combination of the best elements of a few different fish taco recipes I've tried in the past. It's a nice balance of herbs, spices, citrus and heat. Prep time does not include marinading.
- 1 lb white fish fillet, cod, tilapia, etc
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- red onion
- cabbage, shredded
- Add fish to plastic bag, cover with marinade ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a bowl, then cover and refrigerate.
- Cook fish in pan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, turning once, until the fish is white and flaky.
- Cut fish into pieces with a fork.
- Chop fixings, wrap everything in a tortilla and serve.