Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry" This is just a pretty simple recipe that comes from a combination of ingredients I have worked or experimented in the past. I think it would be something great to have the beach because its refreshing and satisfying.
- 16 corn tortillas
- 510.29 g tilapia fillets
- 3 fresh medium corn husks (Shucked)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, squeezed
- 1 lime, juice of, squeezed
- 3 sprig of fresh epazote
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper, cored seeded and cut small dice
- 4.92 ml chili, piquin
- 118.29 ml queso fresco
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter
- 2 piece smoked apple wood bacon
- 56.69 g sour cream
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 14.79 ml cilantro, chopped rough
- salt and pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat Grill.
- Have Grill set to 375F on the left Side.
- on the Right side have grill set to 325°F.
- Combine Sour Cream and your heavy cream in mixing bowl add pinch of salt and pinch of lime zest and pinch of chopped cilantro.
- Grab Your 3 whole corns not shucked yet season use about 1 teaspoon of oil and throw and grill till you get some good char marks then wrap in foil and set aside.
- On the 325F Side set piece of Reynolds Wrap Foil enough to cover the length of bacon and slowly cook it on grill.
- In a Non reactive pan season and squeeze 1 whole lime on your 4 filets of Tilipia. Carefully wrap each individual filet in foil and put on grill 375F for about 5min.
- As your filets are cooking unwrap your corn shuck into a mixing bowl be careful with the little strings on the corn not very tasty.
- In Medium size Saute Pan at medium high heat add your butter and let it begin to bubble once it begins to bubble add your corn and turn down the heat to real low you can then add your chopped red bell pepper and start tearing your sprigs of epazote into the pan by hand.
- Season to taste turn off. Add and fold in mayo along with the chili piquin.
- Set aside add Lime Juice to taste and zest.
- Grill your tortillas.
- Each individual will get 4 tortillas.
- Cut the fish appropriately to fit one tortilla which underneath will have another tortilla to hold the juices.
- Repeat to all four plates are done.
- Add your corn mixture on top of each taco.
- Cut your 2 slabs of bacon into small rough dice and sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle queso fresco on all the tacos and with your sour cream heavy cream mixture dollop on top of each taco.
- And sprinkle some cilantro those fish tacos and your set to go. Enjoy the Beach.