"Ready, Set, Cook! Contest Entry" This is just a pretty simple recipe that comes from a combination of ingredients I have worked or experimented in the past. I think it would be something great to have the beach because its refreshing and satisfying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 corn tortillas
- 18 ounces tilapia fillets
- 3 fresh medium corn husks (Shucked)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, squeezed
- 1 lime, juice of, squeezed
- 3 sprigs of fresh epazote
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper, cored seeded and cut small dice
- 1 teaspoon chili, piquin
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pieces smoked apple wood bacon
- 2 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped rough
- salt and pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1Preheat Grill.
- 2Have Grill set to 375F on the left Side.
- 3on the Right side have grill set to 325°F.
- 4Combine Sour Cream and your heavy cream in mixing bowl add pinch of salt and pinch of lime zest and pinch of chopped cilantro.
- 5Grab Your 3 whole corns not shucked yet season use about 1 teaspoon of oil and throw and grill till you get some good char marks then wrap in foil and set aside.
- 6On the 325F Side set piece of Reynolds Wrap Foil enough to cover the length of bacon and slowly cook it on grill.
- 7In a Non reactive pan season and squeeze 1 whole lime on your 4 filets of Tilipia. Carefully wrap each individual filet in foil and put on grill 375F for about 5min.
- 8As your filets are cooking unwrap your corn shuck into a mixing bowl be careful with the little strings on the corn not very tasty.
- 9In Medium size Saute Pan at medium high heat add your butter and let it begin to bubble once it begins to bubble add your corn and turn down the heat to real low you can then add your chopped red bell pepper and start tearing your sprigs of epazote into the pan by hand.
- 10Season to taste turn off. Add and fold in mayo along with the chili piquin.
- 11Set aside add Lime Juice to taste and zest.
- 12Grill your tortillas.
- 13Each individual will get 4 tortillas.
- 14Cut the fish appropriately to fit one tortilla which underneath will have another tortilla to hold the juices.
- 15Repeat to all four plates are done.
- 16Add your corn mixture on top of each taco.
- 17Cut your 2 slabs of bacon into small rough dice and sprinkle on top.
- 18Sprinkle queso fresco on all the tacos and with your sour cream heavy cream mixture dollop on top of each taco.
- 19And sprinkle some cilantro those fish tacos and your set to go. Enjoy the Beach.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Tacos (Day at the Beach) #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.2
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 377.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: