Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my best-kept secrets recipe for serving a healthy, easy and really flavorful dinner in about 20 minutes.
- 4 frozen battered fish fillets
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 head green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced or minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapenos or 1 teaspoon serrano chili, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seeds or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bake fish fillets according to package directions.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place them in the oven to heat.
- Or heat them at the last minute in a microwave in plastic wrap.
- Shred or chop the cabbage.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage with all the remaining ingredients.
- Cut each hot fish fillet into 6-8 pieces, then pile into a hot tortilla with lots of slaw.
I use a Tilapia fillet seasoned with taco seasoning instead of a battered fillet but the slaw is what makes the taco so good! It is perfect with fish. I've used this many times and love it every time. Thanks for a great recipe!
These were so easy and really really good! I might add more jalepeno next time, but the slaw was so good I could have eaten it by itself!
Best fish taco recipe we've tried yet! Excellent- thanks!