Recipe by fluffernutter
This is one of my best-kept secrets recipe for serving a healthy, easy and really flavorful dinner in about 20 minutes.
Top Review by UT Theta Chef
I use a Tilapia fillet seasoned with taco seasoning instead of a battered fillet but the slaw is what makes the taco so good! It is perfect with fish. I've used this many times and love it every time. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 frozen battered fish fillets
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 0-0 head green cabbage
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced or minced
- 4.92 ml chopped jalapenos or 4.92 ml serrano chili, to taste
- 14.79 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 2.46 ml cumin seeds or 1.23 ml ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake fish fillets according to package directions.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place them in the oven to heat.
- Or heat them at the last minute in a microwave in plastic wrap.
- Shred or chop the cabbage.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage with all the remaining ingredients.
- Cut each hot fish fillet into 6-8 pieces, then pile into a hot tortilla with lots of slaw.