Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
we use leftover fish for these all the time. this is a third coast favorite when the bay is hot and the beer's cold
- 2 lbs firm flesh fish (cod, shark, mahimahi)
- corn tortilla
- 5 cups shredded cabbage (can use packaged slaw)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili adobo sauce (substitue a good hot salsa if no adobo)
- 1 lime, juice of
- chopped garlic
- oil, for frying tortillas
- cube fish and brush with olive oil.
- grill fish on bbq (you can place fish on foil if you don't have a basket) just until done.
- heat oil for tortillas in skillet and fry tortillas until semicrisp, folding them in half.
- place tortillas on paper.
- mix mayo,adobo sauce, lime juice& garlic and add to slaw.
- to make a taco-fill tortilla with fish and top with a generous helping of slaw.
- serve with a lime wedge and a cold beer!
These tacos tasted great! I used my grill pan inside and that worked like a charm. My only change is that I added 3x the adobo sauce to the mayo b/c I like it spicy and I also added some adobo sauce to my tacos. Great flavor...will make again for sure.