Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light, easy dish made with frozen fish sticks. An alternative fish taco recipe for those who don't eat mayonnaise.
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup green cabbage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chiffonade
- 8 slices jalapeno peppers (Or to taste. Fresh or pickled.)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cheese, shredded (Monteray Jack or Mexican blend)
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 4 frozen fish sticks
- Preheat oven and follow package directions to bake fish sticks. While they bake, chop vegetables. On each tortilla, spread half the cabbage, topped with layers of green onion, cilantro, jalepenos, salsa, and cheese. Heat each one covered in the microwave for 30 seconds (optional, just to melt the cheese). When fish sticks are browned and crispy remove from oven, place on top of vegetables, sprinkle with lime, then wrap tortilla edges around filling. Serve immediately, with lime wedges and extra salsa available on the table.