Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Good Housekeeping. Not tried this yet - just looking for fish taco recipe similar to one I had in Grand Rapids.
- 2 limes
- 4 cups packaged coleslaw mix (half 16 oz. bag)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- From limes, grate 2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice.
- In large bowl, combine coleslaw mix and lime juice; set aside. In small bowl, stir lime peel into sour cream; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium-high until hot. On sheet of waxed paper, sprinkle tilapia fillets with chipotle chili pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt to season both sides. Add fish to skillet and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until it turns opaque throughout, turning over once. Meanwhile, warm tortillas.
- To serve, cut fillets into 8 pieces. Place 2 pieces tilapia in each tortilla; top with slaw, lime sour cream, and salsa.