Recipe by Tish
We got the best fish tacos in a little fishing village in Mexico. I have tried to recreate them as best as possible
Top Review by Todd777
GREAT recipe. I used Tilapia.
PROS: Amazing sauce, very quick and easy, cutting the fish into pieces rather than strips is perfect, overall taste fantastic
CONS: as other reviews have stated only use 1 T. oil and 1 chopped green onion added to the sauce is a Necessity. While adding hot sauce later is good, mixing 1 t. garlic/chili sauce in with the fish before frying is better,
OVERALL: This is definitely my new fish taco recipe. 4 stars for the few needed additions/subtractions but this one is worth making monthly or for friends.
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 453.59 g cod or 453.59 g white fish fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 4)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 12 count package taco shells, warmed or 12 count package flour tortillas
- shredded cabbage
- chopped tomato
- lime juice
- taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix in small bowl.
- Combine fish, vegetable oil, lemon juice and remaining seasoning mix in medium bowl; pour into large skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill taco shells with fish mixture.
- Top with toppings.