We got the best fish tacos in a little fishing village in Mexico. I have tried to recreate them as best as possible
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package taco seasoning mix, divided
- 1 lb cod or 1 lb white fish fillet, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (12 count) package taco shells, warmed or 1 (12 count) package flour tortillas
- shredded cabbage
- chopped tomato
- lime juice
- taco sauce
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro and 2 tablespoons seasoning mix in small bowl.
- Combine fish, vegetable oil, lemon juice and remaining seasoning mix in medium bowl; pour into large skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill taco shells with fish mixture.
- Top with toppings.