Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was a quick dinner I came up with. You can use any white fish. I used tilapia, but I might use haddock or cod next time. For the salsa, all I had on hand was Rotel tomatoes, which turned out good and spicy! You might find the cream cheese a bit weird as an ingredient. If so, you can omit that. This is for one serving, but easy to expand for more. See NOTE at the bottom for another way to prepare.
- 1 burrito-size flour tortilla
- 14.79-29.58 ml light cream cheese
- 14.79-29.58 ml salsa
- 1 small white fish fillet, cooked
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (or American)
- 118.29 ml shredded lettuce
- Place a tortilla on a microwave-safe plate.
- Spread cream cheese, then salsa on top.
- Add Fish on top of salsa, then the slice of cheese and lettuce.
- Microwave 30 seconds. This makes it easier to fold tortilla around filling.
- Fold up burrito style, or like a large egg roll.
- NOTE: I find that the salsa tastes best at room temperature. If you want this sandwich warm, Bake at 400 for 5-10 minutes. I just threw mine together after the fish was cooked, and I found it very satisfying.
Best fish taco I've had in a long time,and the cream cheese really was a nice touch too !! I tried them on multi-grain and whole wheat tortillas with baked tilapia filets. Lots of ways to go with this one. Try cheddar,provalone and crumbled blue with Red Gold tomatoes and Green chilies with some taco sauce on top.
Yum! Great way to add fish to your weekly routine. My DH put these together and was a little heavy handed with the cream cheese. I prefer less cheese and extra salsa to add flavor. Either way these were delicious.