Recipe by VickyJ
This was a quick dinner I came up with. You can use any white fish. I used tilapia, but I might use haddock or cod next time. For the salsa, all I had on hand was Rotel tomatoes, which turned out good and spicy! You might find the cream cheese a bit weird as an ingredient. If so, you can omit that. This is for one serving, but easy to expand for more. See NOTE at the bottom for another way to prepare.
- 1 burrito-size flour tortilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa
- 1 small white fish fillet, cooked
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (or American)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a tortilla on a microwave-safe plate.
- Spread cream cheese, then salsa on top.
- Add Fish on top of salsa, then the slice of cheese and lettuce.
- Microwave 30 seconds. This makes it easier to fold tortilla around filling.
- Fold up burrito style, or like a large egg roll.
- NOTE: I find that the salsa tastes best at room temperature. If you want this sandwich warm, Bake at 400 for 5-10 minutes. I just threw mine together after the fish was cooked, and I found it very satisfying.