Recipe by TigerJo~
To save time, I oven-bake breaded or battered frozen fish (but if we had a deep fryer, I'd probably use it). I slice cabbage very thin, it works better for the tacos than shredded cabbage. Add your favorite tortillas, and you have an easy, crunchy, and great tasting meal. Prep time is just for making the sauce.
Top Review by laura.e.shepard
This sauce was excellent! I actually used about 2 oz olive oil mayo to 7 oz fat free greek yogurt. I was making fish tacos and I'm used to having a slaw instead of sauce so I tossed this sauce with a whole bag of sliced cabbage from Trader Joe's and a half a package of broccoli slaw until it was the right consistency. I also threw in a few tablespoons of chopped cilantro because I had some lying around. Absolutely amazing! I'm never making fish tacos (or breakfast tacos) without this slaw again! Thanks for the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon capers, minced to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend mayo and sour cream (or yogurt) together; blend in lime juice, then capers, cumin, oregano, dill, and cayenne; it can be served immediately or can be made ahead.
- I assemble my tacos by putting 1-2 fish fingers (depending on the size of tortilla), add a sprinkle of cabbage, a drizzle of sauce, then roll up.