I had some leftover fish that I had made for fish tacos and didn't feel like tacos again. So after throwing it on some pizza dough, this is what I came up with. My husband just gave me funny looks until he tried it. It turned out really yummy. You could probably use any other cooked and well seasoned meat instead of the fish.
For the Fish
- 1 lb haddock (or tillapia)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1⁄2 cup medium salsa (can adjust for preference)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
Toppings (according to your preference)
- sour cream
- chopped onion
- crushed tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add fish and top with lemon juice, cajun and old bay seasoning, and salt. Cook until both sides are well cooked.
- Break up fish into bite size chunks.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stretch out pizza dough on a cookie sheet that has no long sides and has been lined with non stick foil.
- Top dough with salsa, cheese, and fish.
- Cook for 10 minute and then slide pizza onto the oven rack and cook for another 5 minute.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings.