1 hr 39 mins
1 hr 19 mins
great freezer stand-by, for a chowder or seafood crepes etc. Worth the effort, which isn't much :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put in a stock pot, cover with water, and bring to the boil.
- 2Cover and turn heat to lowest setting, leave about 40 minutes.
- 3At this point you can pull off any use-able flesh, put in fridge.
- 4Bring stock back to a slow simmer.
- 5Simmer for about 30 minutes (depends on the thickness of your lugs, mine were HUGE).
- 6Don't boil the stock, or it will turn bitter. If you need to reduce it, strain first, then boil till reduced to desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Stock
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12