Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 19 mins
great freezer stand-by, for a chowder or seafood crepes etc. Worth the effort, which isn't much :)
Make and share this Fish Stock recipe from Food.com.
- Put in a stock pot, cover with water, and bring to the boil.
- Cover and turn heat to lowest setting, leave about 40 minutes.
- At this point you can pull off any use-able flesh, put in fridge.
- Bring stock back to a slow simmer.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes (depends on the thickness of your lugs, mine were HUGE).
- Don't boil the stock, or it will turn bitter. If you need to reduce it, strain first, then boil till reduced to desired consistency.
Made for us by mummamills herself as the base of the wonderful chowder that was to follow. A good rich stock very easily made!