Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Staring googly-eyed at a package of frozen fish sticks and panicking? Fear not! You can make it work! Lighten it up by using Dijon mustard instead of the spicy mayonnaise.
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen fish sticks (about 30 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 4 submarine buns, split
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- Cook the fish sticks on a baking sheet according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, hot sauce and lemon juice.
- A few minutes before the fish sticks are done, toast the rolls in the oven.
- Smear 1 side of each toasted roll with the spicy mayonnaise.
- Add a layer of fish sticks and top with the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serve the sandwiches with lemon wedges and spicy mayonnaise on the side.
Surprisingly delicious. Tried with the spicy mayonnaise and then with the mustard. Both were good.
These are so yummy! I used French bread from a bakery, so didn't toast the bread before assembling the sandwiches. I will be making them again.
I only needed to make one single Po' Boy for little ol' me so I used a toasted sesame seed hamburger bun and changed the svg size to one. But I baked 4 servings of fish sticks. (Quicker sandwiches later if they are good!) Otherwise I made as instructed. I can't BELIEVE I've never thought to put fish sticks on a bun! What a great sandwich! It was so good that I made and ate another one with a side of Doritos. Now I have to go get on the treadmill! Thanks for the great idea! I'm sure to throw these together often. :-)