Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Staring googly-eyed at a package of frozen fish sticks and panicking? Fear not! You can make it work! Lighten it up by using Dijon mustard instead of the spicy mayonnaise.
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen fish sticks (about 30 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 4 submarine buns, split
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- Cook the fish sticks on a baking sheet according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, hot sauce and lemon juice.
- A few minutes before the fish sticks are done, toast the rolls in the oven.
- Smear 1 side of each toasted roll with the spicy mayonnaise.
- Add a layer of fish sticks and top with the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serve the sandwiches with lemon wedges and spicy mayonnaise on the side.