Recipe by Aroostook
Easy, inexpensive and really tasty.Mix 1/2 c. mayo and 1/2 c. sweet pickle relish to make a tartar sauce to go with this.
Top Review by Robyn Scipione
This is a great batter for all fish. I like to dip flake in this batter and shallow fry in a small amount of oil. It is our standard Friday night , fish and chips and beats take away hands down for cost and taste, and much healthier than deep fried.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- canola oil, to deep fry
- 1⁄2 cup flour, for dredging fillets (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat all ingredients (except flour for coating fillets) with electric mixer until well incorporated.
- Optional: Cover fillets with flour before dipping in batter.
- Dip 2 1/2 lbs of cut up fish into batter.
- Cook in hot oil until golden brown 3-6 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towels.