Recipe by Jessica K
This is another recipe for World Tour. African from the Recipegoldmine website. Tis is like gumbo with fish.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces frozen okra (or fresh if available now)
- 10 ounces frozen green beans (or fresh if you prefer)
- 3 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets, cut into chunks (perch or bass can also be used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat tomato sauce, water, rice, carrots, onion, salt and red pepper in Dutch oven to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Rinse okra and green beans under running cold water to separate; drain. Cut okra lengthwise into halves. Add okra, green beans, cabbage and fish to Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until fish flakes easily with fork and vegetables are tender — 10 to 12 minutes.