Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm planning a Brazilian party, and this recipe looks good. This is my translation of the original translation;-)
- 2 lbs white fish steaks, cut into 6 portions (leave skin on so it doesn't break up whilst cooking)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- Combine fish with lime juice and salt in a bowl.
- leave to marinate while you continue.
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until softened.
- Add the marinated fish, tomato paste, water and simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat, or unti the fish is cooked through.
- Add in the coconut milk, pepper sauce, parsley and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice.