- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled whole tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb fish fillet, cut into bite size pieces
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, sauté onions in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer uncovered 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the fish and simmer uncovered 10 to 15 more minutes or until the fish turns opaque and just flakes when tested with a fork.
- Remove the bay leaves. Thicken the soup with equal parts of flour and water if you desire it thicker. Serve in soup bowls or over rice.