Top Review by readah
This is a fairly easy, very delicious fish stew. I made it with thresher shark (abundant in my neck of the woods) and omitted the celery. My husband & I loved it. He made me promise to save it to our own cookbook so he could find it quickly. This is a definite keeper!
- 4 quarts water
- 4 lbs fish fillets, cut in chunks
- 8 potatoes, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fish bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces butter
- 3 ounces flour
- 1 large onion, cut up
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 12 ounces whole milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in a large pot and add fish, potatoes, bay leaves, and bouillon.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- In a separate pan, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook 3 minutes and add to stock.
- Saute onion and mushrooms and add to stock.
- Add everything else (except milk) and simmer 30 minutes more.
- Add milk and cook 10 minutes.
- Serve with biscuits or oyster crackers.