Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
- 600 g fish (boneless)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind (grated)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch celery
- 1⁄2 cup sweetcorn
- 8 mushrooms
- 6 cups fish stock
- 1 cup soya milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Clean fish and sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon rind and a little salt and pepper.
- Marinate for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, wash and quarter mushrooms.
- Peel and chop garlic finely.
- Chop celery finely.
- Heat oil.
- Saute garlic on medium heat for a minute.
- Add celery, sweet corn and mushrooms and continue to saute for a minute.
- Add fish.
- Stir well.
- Add stock and boil till fish is nearly done.
- Mix corn flour in soya milk and add to the fish.
- Continue to cook till well blended.
- Adjust seasoning, sprinkle with thyme and serve hot.
This was very good and easy. I used part chicken stock and milk. The fish I had on hand was Asian Basa which worked very well.