1 hr 15 mins
I've served this dish many ways. Spoon it into bowls over thick pieces of garlic bread (best) or serve it over cooked rice. I've also made a tomato sauce and added this variety of fish to it and served it over linguine or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 680.38 g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.46 ml thyme or 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 1182.95 ml fish stock or 1182.95 ml water (or combination)
- 0.25 ml saffron thread
- 226.79 g squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 226.79 g scallops
- 226.79 g shrimp (preferably with shells left on)
- 453.59 g mussels or 453.59 g clam, cleaned and in shells
- 453.59 g cod fish fillet, cut into 2 inch pieces (about 3/4 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- 1In stock pot, heat oil.
- 2Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add fennel, tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme and saute until veggies are tender, about another 10- 15 minutes.
- 4Add wine, water/stock, saffron, salt& pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10- 15 minutes.
- 6Add fish, shellfish, and cover.
- 7Simmer covered, 5 to 10 minutes, until mussels/clams open and the fish fillet is cooked throughout.
- 8Discard any unopened mussels/clams and remove bay leaf.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 229.9 mg
- Sodium 741.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 48.6 g