Recipe by mermaidmagic
I've served this dish many ways. Spoon it into bowls over thick pieces of garlic bread (best) or serve it over cooked rice. I've also made a tomato sauce and added this variety of fish to it and served it over linguine or rice.
Top Review by Tigi
Fantastic!!!! Tried this recipe on a recent camping weekend and the result were superb.... whole family commented that this was a dinner party recipe, praise indeed. Its easy to make too ideal for on camp when hob space is limited.
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 680.38 g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.46 ml thyme or 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 1182.95 ml fish stock or 1182.95 ml water (or combination)
- 0.25 ml saffron thread
- 226.79 g squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 226.79 g scallops
- 226.79 g shrimp (preferably with shells left on)
- 453.59 g mussels or 453.59 g clam, cleaned and in shells
- 453.59 g cod fish fillet, cut into 2 inch pieces (about 3/4 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In stock pot, heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add fennel, tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme and saute until veggies are tender, about another 10- 15 minutes.
- Add wine, water/stock, saffron, salt& pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10- 15 minutes.
- Add fish, shellfish, and cover.
- Simmer covered, 5 to 10 minutes, until mussels/clams open and the fish fillet is cooked throughout.
- Discard any unopened mussels/clams and remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot.