Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Steaming fish in individual packets is not only healthy, it makes cleanup a breeze. The presentation in parchment paper is elegant, but foil works too. The fish cooks perfectly and the result is moist and flavorful!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flounder, sole or 1 1⁄2 lbs other flaky white fish
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Tear 4 lengths of parchment paper or foil, each about 18 inches long. Fold each length across in half and unfold. On 1/2 of each piece of paper place 1/4 of the fish. Top each piece of fish with 1/4 of the scallions.
- Whisk together the sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and honey until the honey is dissolved. Drizzle over the fish; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Crimp or fold over the edges to form a sealed packet. Repeat forming 4 packets. Place them on 2 baking sheets.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 13 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until the packets are puffed. Remove from the oven and transfer a packet to each plate. Cut the top of the packets and open carefully to avoid the escaping steam and serve the fish in the open packets.
- Or, if you serve the fish with a side dish that will benefit from the addition of the tasty fish juice, empty the fish and sauce onto your plate!
I followed the recipe exactly, except I added some fresh sliced ginger. This is so delicious and easy and quick to make! I used the parchment paper instead of the foil. I had cod on hand, but really think this recipe would be better with snapper....the cod was a little dense for the vinegar/soy/honey sauce to penetrate. But because I had the parchment paper packet, I could drag each bite through the lovely sauce! This is a wonderfully quick recipe to make with a great flavor. Thanks for sharing!
This was a big hit and very easy to make. I didn't change the recipe at all, but I did use foil to wrap the fish in. Quick and easy! Made for ZWT7.