1/3 Photos of Fish Steamed in Packets
Steaming fish in individual packets is not only healthy, it makes cleanup a breeze. The presentation in parchment paper is elegant, but foil works too. The fish cooks perfectly and the result is moist and flavorful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Tear 4 lengths of parchment paper or foil, each about 18 inches long. Fold each length across in half and unfold. On 1/2 of each piece of paper place 1/4 of the fish. Top each piece of fish with 1/4 of the scallions.
- 3Whisk together the sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and honey until the honey is dissolved. Drizzle over the fish; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Crimp or fold over the edges to form a sealed packet. Repeat forming 4 packets. Place them on 2 baking sheets.
- 4Bake in the center of the oven for about 13 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until the packets are puffed. Remove from the oven and transfer a packet to each plate. Cut the top of the packets and open carefully to avoid the escaping steam and serve the fish in the open packets.
- 5Or, if you serve the fish with a side dish that will benefit from the addition of the tasty fish juice, empty the fish and sauce onto your plate!
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Steamed in Packets
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 594.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: