1/3 Photos of Fish steamed in Banana leaves
1 hr 20 mins
Girl from India's Note:
The flavor of the mustard is very nice! A dish from Bengal. (Calcutta)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 fillets fish (can use any white flesh fish like salmon)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (or according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons mustard oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 -7 slit green chilies
- 1 cup black mustard seeds or 1 cup yellow mustard seeds, ground to a paste with water. (I use black)
- 12 pieces banana leaves, to wrap the fish fillets in
- 1Add the chilli powder, turmeric, salt, sugar, mustard oil and green chillies to the fillets.
- 2Mix well to coat evenly.
- 3(Don't be afraid to use your hands.) Marinate fish for 20-30 mins.
- 4Now add the ground mustard and immediately wrap each fillet with a little extra marinade on top into individual pouches with the banana leaf.
- 5Steam for 20 mins in a steamer.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish steamed in Banana leaves
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: