Recipe by LibbyLou
Cooking For Two Fish Steaks For Two!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Very good! I used tilapia (I think it tastes very much like cod) and just reduced the cooking time a bit. Next time I make it, I'll probably increase the amount of lemon juice in the sauce; I wound up squeezing a lot of it on top after the fish was cooked (that's fine, too, of course!). I would recommend that you use the fresh tarragon. The flavor was so nice with the fresh stuff, and I've found that I can't even taste dried tarragon in other things I've cooked. Thanks for posting!
- 2 small cod steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (low-fat may be used)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Grease broiling pan rack.
- Place cod steaks on rack and broil 5 to 7 minutes without turning, until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix next four ingredients.
- When cod steaks are done, spread mixture on steaks and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Broil until topping is lightly browned.