Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love the bold flavors in this recipe! The fish stays nice and moist since you cook it in a sauce. Make the sauce a little runnier if you want to serve it over rice or pasta in addition to the fish. I usually use swordfish, but you can use any firm fish such as cod or halibut.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 10 large green pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, minced
- 1⁄2-1 cup clam juice (or use a seafood broth)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 lbs fish steaks
- Heat olive oil and saute chopped onion until translucent.
- Add wine and boil until reduced by at least half.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the fish steaks.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, until thickened. Cover if you want to keep it "saucy".
- Add the fish steaks to the sauce and continue cooking about 10-15 minutes, until fish just flakes.