Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
from "fresh tart" - http://www.freshtart.net/Fish-Soup-Tomatoes-11443293
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more for drizzling
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 (24 ounce) canwhole Italian tomatoes
- 12 ounces firm white fish (ex -- halibut)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, then onion, and slowly saute onion until softened but not browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium. Add white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add clam juice. Crush tomatoes by hand into the soup, adding the remaining juices. Turn heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in fish and parsley and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, until fish is just cooked through.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve immediately, ladled over toasted bread, and drizzled with a little olive oil.
I made this soup yesterday and followed the directions except for adding some sliced fennel which I had left over. I sauted it with the garlic and onions and I will make this soup again. Easy and delicious. Thank you.