Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Expensive meal but delicious!!
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2 large red bell peppers (large diced)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (dry)
- 3 cups chicken broth (or fish stalk)
- 2 lbs white fish fillets (and shell fish- squid, shrimp, halibut, scallops, cod, salmon, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Crush the saffron threads and add to a small bowl with a few teaspoons of the wine.
- Heat the olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until just golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and stir. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the tomato and zest and cook 2 minutes longer. Add the white wine and stock and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and reduce the heat to low. Add the parsley and saffron and let simmer another three to five minutes. You do not want the fish to over cook. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.