Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Solyanka is one of the most popular Russian soups. Different pickles or sauerkraut (solenya) are added to the soup, that is why it is called solyanka. Solyanka can be made from meat, fish or mushrooms. It is served with olives, lemon slices and sour cream.
- Chop onion finely and fry in oil until light golden.
- Add tomato paste and butter and stew for 5 minutes.
- Add fish fillets.
- Pour the broth over the fish.
- Slice pickles.
- Add onion, capers, pickles, sliced tomatoes and a bay leaf to the broth.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Before serving, add sour cream, olives and lemon slices. Sprinkle with greens.