I love fish sandwiches and this one sounds a bit different from the ordinary. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (January 2004)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups red cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste (or 1 teaspoon wasabi powder mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 (5 ounce) fish fillets (grouper or other firm white fish)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (or fresh breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1 lemon
- 1Mix wasabi paste with mayonnaise to combine.
- 2In a medium bowl combine cabbage, wasabi/mayonnaise, and vinegar. Set aside and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place breadcrumbs in pie dish and coat fish with crumbs.
- 4Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add fish and cook until golden brown (4-5 minutes per side). Drain on paper towels.
- 5Toast sandwich buns.
- 6To serve: place 1 sandwich bun half on each of 4 plates, top with fish, squeeze lemon juice over and then spoon slaw over all. Top with top sandwich bun half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 324.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: