Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This pretty dish is a delightfully tasty treat for fresh fish lovers. The flavors of the roulade, combined with compound butter and served on a parmesan crisp, pleasingly stimulate the taste buds for an exciting dining experience.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tilapia fillets (about the same size as the salmon filets)
- 12 bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Remove skin from salmon filets.
- Lay out salmon filets, tails toward you.
- Overlap tilapia filets onto tails of salmon filets.
- Place 6 bay scallops on each of two skewers.
- Lay skewer crosswise on closest end of tilapia filets.
- Brush fish with vegetable oil, and season with dry ingredients.
- Roll up the tilapia filet, surrounding the scallops.
- Roll clear to end of the salmon filets.
- When finished rolling you will have a nice roll with the scallops in the center, and salmon on the outside.
- Pin the rolaude in place with toothpicks and remove skewer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- COOK AND SERVE.
- Place the roulade rounds onto a lightly greased broiler pan.
- Place pan 6" under broiler for 3-5 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, slice two rounds of seasoned butter.
- Place the roulade rounds on a parmesan crisp with a slice of seasoned butter on top.
- Serve hot.
- FOR SEASONED BUTTER.
- Warm butter to room temperature.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour out onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Roll up the seasoned butter into the wax paper to form a cylinder.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.